Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

Default What is it? XCVIII

212) Hmmm ... can you measure the distance between the sides and the
top and bottom surfaces? It looks as though it is intended to
be a gauge block with a handle of some sort.

Is it tapered, or is that an artifact of the camera?

It's not tapered, though it does look like it is in the photo.

I would guess that it is quite close to 1.000" square.

Just measured this tool, it's 15/16" square, you're probably right about it
being a gauge, I couldn't find any similar ones to verify it, so I included
it in the unsolved set.

Rob