Posted to uk.d-i-y
EN

Default Low height wardrobe/hanging space?

"Steve Roach" wrote in message
ps.com...
I can't find a wardrobe/hanging space that is just less than head
height - can anyone suggest a stockist, supplier or manufacturer I can
try?

A lot of wardrobes are around 74" high, I just want hanging space - I
don't want a shelf at the top or drawers at the bottom - frankly
anything around the height of a 4 drawer filing cabinet would suit the
bedroom (a dorma style property - I have the height for a full size
wardrobe but I simply don't think anything that is 74"+ will look right
in the room - I want something that is below head height - purely my
preference.)

cheers
Steve

Have you looked at wardrobes designed for children? I bought one about 5ft
high just with a removable hanging rail. It was used as a broom/hoover
cupboard but is now in pieces stored under the spare bed. It originally
came from Argos about 5 yrs ago. Perfectly adequate for this use, as I'm
sure it would as a wardrobe and looked fine. Pine, but not the vile orange
pine, it had some sort of finish (patinised or something??) but could be
painted. Might be worth looking at this sort of thing.

Liz