Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Boiler replacement

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:55:14 +0000, Fentoozler wrote:

"Boiler man" wrote in message
oups.com...
hi
At last i had my keston c25 installed.BUT...........
The neighbours not complaining about the plume-they have a vaillant
ecomax and the plume goes into my alleyway i dont mind coz my boiler
plume goes in to tthere garden.
they are saying your flue is so noisy and we cant open our window bla
bla,i said did i make the boiler noisy?
the y said no so i said wat the hell can i do?
to tell you the truth it sounds like a whistle. any solutions.
the boiler is super efficient my thermostat is only on 20. the
radiators are nice and warm.
thanks for the help anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but condensing boilers aren't supposed to discharge
plume over a neighbour's boundary (s/b 2m from boundary shouldn't it)? This
is an additional regulation to the CORGI ones showing terminal positions for
regular FF boilers?

The requirement is not for the gas regs (600mm to a wall and 1200mm to
another teriminal).
It's for 2 Jags office who do not want air-space wars to break out.
[.... my boiler's being given an ASBO! ...] so IIRC 2.5m is want they
want. However this is in the direction of the plume so if a 45 degree
plume diverter is used then the 90 degree distance is only 1.75m (or
thereabouts).