Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matthew Buckett

Default Ariston LS 61 Door Hinge

sponix wrote:
On 22 Jan 2006 11:47:21 -0800, "Matthew Buckett"
wrote:

http://bumph.org/left.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

The arm labelled "A" has come detached from the stud "B"..."A" having
been pulled back into the slot where it lives:

http://www.geocities.com/calmorecleaning/left.jpg

(The arm "A" has a cable/spring affair attached to it which acts as a
counterbalance for the door.)

Perhaps "A" will pop back over the head of "B" with a little bit of
force.

A has a hook on the end of it so it if I can get them in the right
position it should reconnect, the problem is it takes allot of force to
pull A back out and I can't manage to re-hook it over B. I was
wondering if I would be best to attempt to disconnect the spring so
that I can reattach the hook.

However, you are probably going to have to dismantle the door and
drill out the stud "B", which, I believe is held in with a pop rivet
and replace it with a good old nut 'n' bolt.

If you can put up with the odd 'weight' of the door I don't think any
harm will result from using it as-is.

The only problem is that this with the lever disconnected the left of
the door is too low and the door rubs on the mounting. This is because
the hinge isn't a simple one, but one that is moves in two parts....

Matthew