Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matthew Buckett

Default Ariston LS 61 Door Hinge

Hiya,

Just opened my dishwasher today and it didn't feel quite right. When I
checked it seemed that part of the hinge had become disconnected from
the door. What seems to of happened is one of the catches that slows
(takes most of the weight) the door then it is open has become
unclipped. I have tried to reconnect this clip but the spring pulling
it back is too tight. I can manage to get the clip to stay fully out
but as soon as I move the door it springs back into the housing.

Here are a couple of images showing the still connected right side:

http://bumph.org/right.jpg

and the disconnected left hand side:

http://bumph.org/left.jpg

The Ariston LS 61 is installed as a fitted unit and so I can't easily
access the underside of the dishwasher to disconnect the springs. Any
idea as to what to do?

Thanks.

Matthew