Posted to alt.home.repair
Stretch

Default Suggestions on cutting energy bill --

Pop,
He was a new tech, just out of tech school. We had just hired him.
He had his own tools and we were replacing an air handler. I had him
bring his own tools in, instead of using mine. He had a UEI
combination digital volt meter and digital clamp amp meter. We checked
the voltage with TEST LEADS connected properly to his meter. It showed
zero volts. That is how I got my eyes lit up.

My Fluke clamp on also has voltage and ohms testing capability. Some
clamp on meters only test AC amps, some have other capabilities as
well. I cary 4 meters on my truck, one True RMS, three other digital
meters, clamp and test lead and combination types.

No fish tale, he had used it before, but it was only 6 months old.

Now he has a Fieldpiece meter, not as good as a Fluke, but better than
a UEI.

Stretch