Posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking
PC Paul

Default Best way to remove picture hooks from wall

Andrew Barss wrote:
WM wrote:

Q.2 -- Is there a way to fix these in future (perhaps by not
hammering the pins right in???) which permit them to come away with
less wall damage?

Use the kind with very thin, hardened steel nails. They go right
into brick, and right out with a pair of pliers. All ACE Hardwares
carry them.

And they pull a big chunk of plaster out with them when they come out IME.

And with the bricks on my last house they bend buckle and tear out big
chuinks on the way in as well.

But then again I could blunt a masonry bit in one hole on those bricks...