Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop Lights

What Bruce said.

And check out aperature bulbs to get even more light headed your way
instead of toward the reflector. These have a clear strip down the side
facing you, so the UV hits the far phosphors, is converted, and comes
out back at you, instead of passing through phospor to get to you.
Philips and GE make them, I think.

Also quantum splitting phosphors, if you really want performance. And a
hefty price. If they are even available. Or rare earth phosphors, which
are available.

I have an eight foot fixture at elevation six feet over my bicycle
project, with two Philips F96T12C50 Colortone 75 watt single pin tubes
in it. I love it. But we have sunlight coming in on the bike now, and
it's 8:17 AM, so that adds a lot.

If you're enclosed, I'd say daylight or full spectrum. Full spectrum is
more for plant growth, isn't it? The C number is C100 = daylight, I
think.

Doug