Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Digital Voltmeter Calibration

James Sweet wrote in
news:%tBAf.1237$jO3.145@trnddc07:

Emilio wrote:
Is there an easy way to calibrate (low voltage) digital voltmeter? Is
there- say a battery that can be usd as a reference?

Thanks!
Emilio

I've heard that lithium batteries make reasonable calibration sources.
You'd be best off finding an accurate multimeter to compare to though,
then the calibration source is not critical.

I'd use one of those integrated circuit voltage references;some of them
have excellent accuracy,and are trimmed to precise,KNOWN voltages.

You could also buy an older Fluke differential voltmeter;they can source an
accurate voltage,that you can dial up the near full-scale voltage for
checking each DMM range.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik