Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Roman & Wendy

Default grinder on lathe bed?

I saw a friends grinder was mounted on a purpose built (and abour
$50.00US) grinder stand from Harbour Freight. Then one day I was
driving home from my store, and saw a table base out by the trash
behind a restraunt. Took the base home built a open front wood box on
top of it to holod all of the sharpening paraphenalia (Oneway system)
and bolted the grinder on top.
First time I fired it up it wobbled like mad, but a shim under the
offending foot on the base fixed that.

On the original question I would not want the grinder dust anywhere
near where I am trying to finish sand my pieces. With my luck I would
get a bunch of them on the workpiece and end up with some huge
scratches that would mean more sanding (and more sanding...)

Roman