Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.

Default OT Walmart and you

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ups.com...
"One thing that we tend to forget is that companies are run by people.
I am sure that Walmart recognized that their actions would be good PR
and that anything that decreases their profit decreases their taxes.
But I believe that the decisions were also made because there are
people who work for Walmart that did care.
Do you really believe that Walmart made more money by donating to the
relief? If that really works, how can I give all my money away so

that

I end up richer than ever?
Dan "

Dan, you are entitled to your own opinion and I do respect that...what
you are seeing me discuss is my opinon based on dealing with large
corporations for decades.

I know what I have seen in the past working for and with large
corporations...they don't do ANYTHING unless it benefits them (and the
CEO in particular) financially.

The "Walmart Katrina relief effort" was a carefully crafted PR
event....and yes, Walmart did it to get PR to help mend its battered
public image. It was a bargain compared to what they would have to
spend otherwise. Since it was known that a major population area was
going to be hit with a hurricane, it is even believeable that the
logistics were planned prior to the disaster waiting to be put into
place when the opportunity presented itself.

If Walmart has such a big heart and we know it has deep pockets, why
isn't Walmart still helping those in the disaster area today? They

have
the resources, the infastructure and the money. Could it be that the
television crews have gone home? No, they are there to make money as
is any other company.

In my experience, a company only cares about your money and only until
they can record it as a sale. As the customer, it is not in your best
interest to forget that.

TMT

You might want to actually check because Wal~Mart IS STILL donating
money and supplies to folks hit by Katrina. They donate MASSIVE amounts
of money into the communities they are in and they also have many
unpublished events where they donate money/time/supplies to families,
and communities. They also take an active interest in helping out others
(for instance when our church started doing a meals program we went to
different food stores ((from mom&pops up to Wal~Mart)) the only store
even willing to talk about discounts was Wal~Mart, who ended up just
donating the food each week) No publicity and nothing but a sheet of
paper from the church with a thank you on it. I know that they also
donated at least two fully equipped ambulances to N.O. (about 125,000.00
each).