Posted to alt.home.repair
tbl

Default Static on telephone line after storm

On 21 Jan 2006 11:45:05 -0800, "Senin"
wrote:

Thanks guys. You have great suggestions. I am busy getting to work on
them.

Like I said, I plugged a phone directly into the box outside and it was
clean as a bell. I returned to the indoor jack and i had static again.
But you are right, I need to check the other phones, etc.

I am thinking it has something to do with water getting into the box or
the line. Perfect example, last nite it stopped raining and the phones
became clear again. This morning we had a little bit of rain and I
have a little bit of static again. There is definitely a correlation.
I just have to find out where.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

If there is any wiring on *your side* of the box where the
phone co's wire comes in, that is exposed on the outside of
the house, check for cracked or "checked" insulation. If
you see any cracking or "checking", replace it with
good-quality *exterior* telephone wire.
--
tbl