Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

Default Hanging parts jars

On 21 Jan 2006 10:02:48 -0800, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

Could you post a picture somewhere so we can see what you are
describing?

I would like to hhear what others are using for small parts storage
solutions?

TMT

I run 1x2" strapping horizontally on the open side of a stud wall such
that tobacco tins ( I used to smoke a pipe, and our secretary rolled
cigarettes for herself and spouse) rest on the strapping and tilt back
against the chipboard on the other side of the wall, three cans per
stud space. An alternate container currently available is the fibre
sided can with snap on plastic lid, from salted nuts. I my previous
shop with concrete block walls, I anchored 1x3" vertically, edge on to
the walls and ran my 1x2's across them. My boys are negotiating as to
inheritance rights on Dad's tobacco tins.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada