Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Baxi boiler efficiency

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
raden writes:
In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:41:24 -0800, Boiler man wrote:

I have heard the celsius 25 is noisy and a bit unreliable

Well mine's so quiet, the only time I can hear it is when it starts.
It's in a cupboard on the landing.
With the door open and the cover removed it would be noisy but so would
most other models.

Some people have had problems - one which I installed 3 years ago has need
a new gas valve. Mine probably does to stop it rumbling for a few seconds
every time it starts (and yes, I already have adjusted it with a
combustion analyser).

What are the fans like ?

When I have them on test, they sound like jet engines - they're
seriously powerful beasts

You can just hear it when you're standing next to the
boiler and it cranks up to full output, otherwise I can't.
Actually, the water flowing through the flow restrictor
on the bathroom radiator makes more noise than the boiler
just above it, and I think what noise you can hear from
the boiler is mostly the pumped water flow, as the pump
runs at full speed some of the time, in contrast to many
peoples' heating systems where the pump is fixed at a
reduced speed.

After I serviced it, which included removing the fan and
burner from the top of the heat exchanger, I was getting
some vibration noise from the fan. Touching any one of the
rubber mountings stopped it, and it went away after a day,
although just occasionally it does it again. Next time I
service it, I'll take a closer look at the fan.

Am I right in thinking it runs from a 24V 2A supply, if I
want to run it up on a bench to check for the vibration?

Not if its the fan I'm on about

--
geoff