Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Baxi boiler efficiency

In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:41:24 -0800, Boiler man wrote:

I have heard the celsius 25 is noisy and a bit unreliable

Well mine's so quiet, the only time I can hear it is when it starts.
It's in a cupboard on the landing.
With the door open and the cover removed it would be noisy but so would
most other models.

Some people have had problems - one which I installed 3 years ago has need
a new gas valve. Mine probably does to stop it rumbling for a few seconds
every time it starts (and yes, I already have adjusted it with a
combustion analyser).

What are the fans like ?

When I have them on test, they sound like jet engines - they're
seriously powerful beasts

--
geoff