Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default New A/C: Help with determining fair replacement cost

You can go through all the financial calculations, profit/loss, accountants,
etc., but bottom line is you have to charge what your competition is
charging for the same quality of work. Send me an email if you want to know
what a Rheem seminar said on how to do job costing.

"HeatMan" wrote in message

"kck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks again to all. I have contacted a couple of other outfits and
have a vist scheduled for Monday.
Some nutshells:
Firm 2: Trane, $900 coil, $3K for 13 SEER (not certain of tonnage, will
talk Monday).
Firm 3: Carrier, $1K coil, $2300 10 SEER, $4K 13 SEER (ouuuuch), 2.5
ton.
Firm 1: (repeated for convenience): Lennox, $950 coil, $2700 11 SEER
2.5 ton.

I need to start charging more...