Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook

Default Digital Voltmeter Calibration

Emilio wrote in message
Is there an easy way to calibrate (low voltage) digital voltmeter? Is
there- say a battery that can be usd as a reference?

Thanks!
Emilio

Try and find someone with a "Weston Standard Cell" voltage reference.
My one is decades old with calibration certificate stating 1.01863V at 20
deg C and as far as I can tell is still much the same voltage now to the
last digit accuracy.
I cross-compared via DVM with a much more recent one.
Never draw any current to speak of and don't knock them and they seem
incorruptible.
Failing that find a 0.01 per cent resistor

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England