Posted to sci.electronics.repair
garmar

Default Where are folks getting parts these days?

Try MCM or MatElectronics.

"Mr. Land" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I did electronics repair in a former life - I've been out of it for
quite a while now.

Right now I have a Philips monitor that I'm trying to repair, but I
think my question is really general:

Where do folks get replacement semiconductors these days? Are there
any good online sources? What do you do when you can't find a part or
a cross-reference?

With the advent of the 'net, I kind of expected it to be a lot easier
to find parts, but I'm not having much luck. For instance, the first
part I want to replace (a BT169, a thyristor, I believe) I don't seem
to be able to find anywhere, nor a substitute.

BTW, I did search here first for this info.

Thanks for any pointers!