Posted to rec.woodworking
Eugene Nine

Default batteries - replace or rebuild

David wrote:

bob wrote:

I've got quite a collection of DeWalt 12V cordless tools, including 7
batteries. Some of the batteries will only hold a charge for 4 or 5
minutes. It's time to do something about that. What has your experience
been with rebuilding these batteries? There is a plethora of websites of
companies that do battery rebuilding. Any one in particular that did a
good job for you?

Thanks.

Bob

I got quoted a higher price for a rebuild on a Makita 18v than a brand
new Makita (not a fake one) battery sold through another supplier I
found on line.

Dave

I've found the same thing with my 9.6V batteries. Right now its cheaper to
buy new, so I'm just storing the old ones until such time I can't get them
anymore then I can rebuild a few.