Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Dan

Default What is it? XCVIII

On Fri 20 Jan 2006 04:21:58p, "R.H." wrote in
:

wrote in message
oups.com...
543: Seems like long ago an old timer pointed to one of those and
said it was a fencing tool. You looped the wire on one of the teeth
and levered it against whatever was handy to tighten the wire, and
you hammered staples with the hammerhead.

Sounds reasonable, though this tool doesn't look like it would be very
comfortable to hold with a bare hand.

That was my exact thought too. But there's that hammerhead right there,
and if one assumes it's used the way one would normally use a hammer,
then there's either a part missing that would cover up all those teeth,
or people just put up with a lot of discomfort back then.

Or maybe both. :-)

them and if you want I can post the one or two that actually have
something to see on ABPW later this evening. I believe there's one
where you can clearly see this part as one piece of a one-man
bucksaw.

Yes, please post them, I just did a google search on bucksaws and
didn't see anything like #447, so I'd be interested to see your
photos.

Done. The subject is "One-man bucksaw - 3 attachments"
but it looks like I'm not a very good usenet user either. One of the
attachments didn't make it. Don't know why, I treated just like the
others with PaintShop Pro to resize it, but two of them made it and one
of them came through as gibberish text. Maybe I ought to send them just
one at a time.

If you want the third one I'll repost it but I think you can get the idea
from the two that made it. Let me know if you want me to try again.

Dan