Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Hanging parts jars

In article , steamer says...

--I've reached the point where nuts, bolts, etc are so numerous that
they no longer fit in those little plastic parts jars, the ones that thread
into those red plastic caps that attach to pegboard. Nowadays I'm using
plastic quart-size jars and as the number is mounting the workbench is
shrinking!
--What I'd like to do is hang 'em beneath an existing shelf in some
way that doesn't include nailing the lid to it. ....

As long as you don't use glass canning jars, with the lids nailed to the
wood.

My dad always thought that was the ne plus ultra of fastener storage,
so he kept (keeps) his random assortment of nuts-n-bolts in glass jars
that way.

There's nothing quite like a quart jar of screws dropping off the lid
and exploding on the concrete floor below.

Jim

please reply to: