Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Default Suddenly I'm a Handyman!

Suz wrote:
£45 for a tidy polite and reliable man sounds OK, but the problem is
finding one. You are taking a chance with the yellow pages, and half
the time they aren't interested.

Interesting!

If you were recommended by someone
who knows you personally I'd jump at it. If I could get someone that
does lots of things I could give him 3 days work - and I'd be happy
to do the running and fetching of needed materials. A price for 1/2
days work would be interesting to know.

The average seem to be £85 for a 3.5 hour half day & £160 for a 7 hour full
day.

If you go for it, get a million small cards printed with your name &
number and give them to people who would be happy to recommend you.

I have a lot of contacts in the local area, so I will be doing just that.

I'd also keep a database of customers as you get them and then after
a year you could send them a cheap A5 leaflet.

Good idea that, thanks.

Dave