Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default Can I put expanding foam round copper gas pipes?

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:02:48 +0000, Jon Telfer
wrote:

Hi all,
I had a couple of mice move in for winter (2 trapped within 2 days
and nothing in the last week) and I'm trying to seal their route in.
They came from the void in the bottom of the house and up through
gaps round the gas pipes leading to the meter under the stairs. So
can I squirt some PU foam to fill the gaps? Is it a risk to the
pipes?

Pack the hole with steel wool or brillo pads first, then follow with
filler or something. Mice can eat most things, but they do not like
steel wool.

my dad used to make papier maché with meece poison and block the
holes where the meeces would try to get in, with predictable results :-)