Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default roof shingle missing?

Wait for the next rain to see if it leaks OR wait until a lot more blow off
and you have to hire the worst contractor around, because he's the only one
who isn't busy at that moment OR start calling around now to find a good
contractor at a reasonable price who can do it when he isn't swamped.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, this has probably been asked a thousand times...

I put the dog out this morningm and found a roof shingle (asphalt) on
the ground.... I looked at the roof with binoculars, and found the gap,
it was sheared off flush with the next row above it; I could see the
seam and roofing nails that had been covered.
So....
will the roof leak? do I have to fix it?

the roof is 16 years old, and the shingles are "Bird Windseal 80"

I suspect I am getting near a re-roof job, which I dread, as this roof
is massive...

Thoughts?