Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

Default Couple of dogs!

On the JVC Check these :

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

JVC AV32FA44

Shut Down / High Voltage No Go

Y.M. Electronique Enr.

Have 2 Caps Blew C973 (10uf 50v. ) And C432 (47uf 25v. ) And Bad Smd
Transistor Q431.Marked (8b) Located Backside Board.
The Cause Of Destruction Was "Lost Ground" In The P.S. Bad Solder On Jumper
W624 .

On the Sony ......did you resolder the driver tranny? Also check for a
short on the 200V supply for the CRT driver IC

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

SONY KV32S40

Dead. No Power Up. Timer Light Flashing

Jeff Stielau :2/12/03 :Shoreline Electronics Repair

Horizontal Output Transistor Shorted 2sc5148 : Replace It
Caused By Cracked Solder Connections On Horizontal Drive Transform :
Resolder It.
On Power Supply Board , Mx0841 Dual Transistor Pack Shorted : Replace It
0.1 Ohm Fusible Resistor Open On Power Supply Baord : Replace It

On the JVC....are you using the correct replacement? Also change the cap
listed:

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

JVC AV32720

Dead, No Relay Click

Bay Electronics, Inc.

C926, 16v 1000ufd (High Esr)

JVC AV32720

Dead. Relay Keeps Clicking, Power Light Keeps Flashing.

Robinson Electronics

Replaced "Shorted" Diode - D531 #Rh3g

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)

========================

"Dani" wrote in message
oups.com...
JVC AV-32FA44: Goes dead, just as you get a perfect picture. Talked to
JVC Tech, he said it's the over voltage feedback loop, but I can't find
anything bad after doing the following repair.
If I bypass the standby relay, the unit works fine but of course, no
front panel function. Ideas?

D 432 SHORTED,Q431 OPEN,C973 BLOWN APART,THESE ARE PART OF OCP SHUTDOWN
CIRCUIT,HAD 4.04 VOLTS ON OCP LINE, SHOULD BE LOW,PUMP UP OUT OF
VERTICAL IC PIN 7 SHOULD KEEP Q431 TURNED ON

Sony KV-32S40 dead, with MX0841B reg IC, 0.1 ohm fusible, 2SC5148
horizontal output bad, I didn't have a VDR 602, & it measured ok...open
circuit. Put it on the variac, slowly
ramping up the voltage, perfect pix, & sound....few seconds
later...gently blew all parts.
They idn't even get hot. Flyback bad? Didn't get time to scope the
horizontal waveform.
Did I miss something?

JVC AV-32720 shorted D 531, replace, blows right away. Can't get to
measure anything.
Ideas?