Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce

Default Aromatic cedar ??s

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:51:06 -0700, Paul Currie wrote
(in article ):

I am thinking about building a band saw box (the kind with the cut out
drawers) out of aromatic cedar:
Can you buy 4x6" thick aromatic cedar and if so from where?

I have several "logs" about 10"x10" that I shave boards off of as needed
so it is available (mine was given to me)
Is it dry enough to work with?

Very dry without any undue cracking.

Does all aromatic cedar have that creamy white and pinkish colors blend
through out the wood or is it a sapwood,heartwood thing?

Sapwood/heartwood. Often it does "mix" together in small clumps.

Is this even a good choice for these kind of boxes?

Great!
THX