Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suz

Default Suddenly I'm a Handyman!

"david lang" wrote in message
. ..
Suz wrote:
Do you travel as far as Belfast? I have a U-bend that still isn't
fixed... and the useless twit is off this week to Oz...

You sound pretty much like my target market. You want the job done
properly, husband is a 'useless twit' away from home. If he is off to Oz
I'd assume a reasonable income level?

So, how would you see paying, for example £45 to have a reliable, polite,
tidy professional do the job and guarantee it?

I don't know what the local economy is like in Belfast, but I hear its
doing OK?

Just interested.

Dave

Ecomony is pretty much booming in Belfast at the minute. Semi in a decent
burb now hitting the £200K mark.

£45 for a tidy polite and reliable man sounds OK, but the problem is finding
one. You are taking a chance with the yellow pages, and half the time they
aren't interested. If you were recommended by someone who knows you
personally I'd jump at it. If I could get someone that does lots of things I
could give him 3 days work - and I'd be happy to do the running and fetching
of needed materials. A price for 1/2 days work would be interesting to
know.

If you go for it, get a million small cards printed with your name & number
and give them to people who would be happy to recommend you. I'd also keep
a database of customers as you get them and then after a year you could send
them a cheap A5 leaflet. You would expect a handyman's cards etc to be
plain and basic, nothing flash.