Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Suddenly I'm a Handyman!

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:

None of this is to pour cold water on the idea - a career change or
sabattical are very appealing things - however I think that one also
has to look without the rose tinted spectacles.

Most of what you say is correct I'd just add this:

Thanks guys, very good food for thought.

I'm in the fortunate position of having about 5-6 months buffer on
morgage too. But i'm pretty much burnt out in IT at the moment & need a
break for a few months.

So I either take an unpaid sabbatical & go travelling, or look for
something part time that'll give me some pin money to play with.

Just exploring a few options.

Cheers

Paul.