Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default Stairs Into Kitchen - 2 sets of stairs ?

Andy wrote:
Hi All

I live in a house which has been converted from 2 smaller cottages.
There are 2 staircases in the house, at opposite ends (east and west
wing

What's with the ha ha?

The staircase at the west wing opens onto a hallway leading directly to
the front door, with doorways off to a living room and a
lounge.

There is a first room opening onto this staircase which has been opened up
to the loft area, with a small upper "gallery" area.

The staircase on the east wing opens via a door into a small kitchen
with door to the outside, and a door larger room with door to the
outside.

Bloody hell there is a lot of indegestible fat on this thread!

Do we need a door at ground floor level into the
stairs in the converted (east wing) kitchen?

No.

But why now sketch what you have and what you want and scan it to a
website or picture storage group? If you don't have one, you can open
or join a MSN group for such facilities and get a good deal of open
space free from them.

Post a link and ask the advice again. It will be worth the effort.