Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Short in Circuit or Circuit breaker?

Greg wrote:
I have a problem with an electrical circuit in my house. I have a
circuit where the breaker trips repeatedly, but not immediately when I
flip it back on. What I mean is this; I see that the breaker has
tripped, so I flip it back on. After 4 or 5 minutes, the breaker is
invariably trip again. It never trips immediately, but there is that
gap of time between when I turn it on and it trips.

Watch your meter while resetting the breaker (or have someone else watch
the meter) to see if it starts spinning faster when you turn the circuit
on. If there's a mystery load large enough to trip the breaker, you
should see a difference in consumption.