Posted to misc.consumers.house
Alan Sung

Default Problem with Attic Moisture

"pln" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been experiencing some moisture in my attic this year and would
like to get some advice on how to solve the problem.

When you say "experiencing some moisture", what exactly is the problem? You
will always have some level of moisture. Sometimes you will even see small
bits of ice forming on the nails that come thru the plywood sheating used
for the shingles. This is OK. Please describe what the symptoms are.
Everything you described sounds right for venting and insulation except that
the vapor barrier is supposed to be on the warm side of the insulation which
means between the drywall and the joists of the ceiling of the second floor.
The real culprit is definitely the furnace. Some gas furnaces have a
condensate that needs to be drained to the outside, usually into a gutter if
it's in the attic.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA