Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Landscape lights that lean/tilt over

If you buy good quality fixtures, either low or line voltage, they'll mount
to a half inch threaded hole. You can buy "rocket" posts which are about 18"
long, which give good support or "Kim" makes a thing called a "J-2" which is
a bell box poured in a trapezoid block of cement and you screw a cover plate
with half inch threaded tap in it to mount the fixtures

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a way to prevent landscape lights from tilting over? I
installing some junk solar lights and they constantly leaned, or fell
off their mounts when dragging a hose etc... Well I have decided to
go the low-voltage route this time (solar led lights were never bright
enough) and I want to know if there are any tricks to prevent the
lights from tilting over. I thought of either getting larger mounts
somehow that go deeper in the ground, or possibly cementing them into
minuture footing (perhaps a bit extreme). Also, I need to run some
type of conduit through the footing to resist reaction with the
concrete. Any idears? Thanks.