Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Default paradigm shift wi/o a clutch was OT - "Out, damned spot! Out,I say!"

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Ed Huntress says...

Whoops, I forgot an important conservative argument: that Griswold was
decided wrongly, that states do indeed have a right to tell married couples
that they're not allowed to use contraception, and that there is no right to
privacy. Bork has argued this precisely.

Ah, but bork isn't on the USSC, nor will he ever be. He got borked.

My guess is for them to overturn roe v wade they first do have to
dismantle griswold. This is actually already happening when
drugstores refuse to sell birth control to selected folks. But
not codified into law, of course.

Well, of course, to take it to the extreme, as neo-conservatives seem
to want to do, you have to .....

1. Outlaw all contraceptives, from condoms to the morning after pill.
Probably outlaw lemons, too, as I think there was a contraceptive
use for lemon peels. If God wants women
to be pregnant, any use of a contraceptive is interfering
in His will.

2. Outlaw ALL use of medicine. Use of medicine to treat disease
is denying God's will to make people sick, or cause them to die.

3. Outlaw medical treatment. Rescind all medical licenses and nursing
certificates. Now, giving medical treatment will be practicing
medicine without a license, a felony. If a person is sick, they
should pray for God to heal them. If the person is VERY sick,
then several people should pray on that person's behalf.

4. A side effect is it will lower medical insurance costs for business,
and will solve all these pesky medicare funding worries.

5. Anyone know where the Cambodians are keeping Pol Pot's carcass?
We might have use for some of his ideas in the new conserative
utopia!

(I do hope that people understand this is a joke. Although the forces
at work that make me try to parody this are not joking!)

Jon