Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mills and Drills

Leon Fisk wrote:
On 19 Jan 2006 19:57:59 -0800,
wrote:

Ok. I perused the Taig and Sherline sites and found only micro and
miniature lathes, which seem way too small for me.

Any other recommendations for a machine for what I need to do would be
appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Darren,

Did you request a free Grizzly catalog yet?

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog_requests.aspx

It only took about a week to get mine (last week persactly,
about an half inch thick). It has a whole lot more than just
metal working machines in it. Lots of tooling, gizmos,
gadgets, woodworking... The pictures are excellent, much
better than HF catalogs.

It could be helpful. You could look at pictures of the odds
& ends being discussed here.

Actually, I'm trying to stay away from HF and Grizzly because Don
hinted that I could do better.

I'm concentrating on a lathe because it's one can do more with it than
a drill press, and operation is simpler than a mill and therefore it
follows that there would be less in the way of maintenance issues to
worry about.

P.S: I did fill out that form, but didn't yet received that catalog.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.