Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Goldtrowel

Andrew Barnes wrote:
I have no experience of any of these courses, but a friend who is a
plasterer went to do a quote for somebody. This somebody had been on
one of these courses (not necessarily Goldtrowel), and said that
during the 5 days they covered tacking, coving, screeding, and about
2 hours of actual plastering, which left him feeling somewhat done.
I don't know who he did the course with, or if they are all the
same, but certainly from this one it doesn't sound as though you
would have learned much about plastering itself!

This is not the case with Goldtrowel, plenty of time is given to
plastering. I bought their DVD and a good Marshalltown trowel (£40)
and can now plaster to a near perfect finish.

Andrew

I started a couple of years ago with own tuition and a £3.99 trowel, and
can now plaster to a perfect finish.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite