Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default Sanddust Mixed w/ Polyurethane to fill Gaps & Cracks

"Mako" wrote in message
. ..
Hello there,
I am to refinish old wooden oak floors in my apartment. The floors are
in a pretty bad shape with a lot of gaps & cracks. A friend
suggested that instead of using a wood filler, I use a mixture of
fine sanddust from the floors and polyurethane. This way the color of
the filler will be the same as the color or the wood. Is anybody
familiar with this method?
Thank you,

Mako

Sand dust or saw dust? I'm not sure of the answer but sand is very different
from wood. Sand is often used to make something non-slip. When you sand the
floors it should take care of most issues. I have seen jute or hemp rope
strands to fill large gaps between boards. poly over that. many coats.