Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

Default Wiring

When I do work (additions & changes) on my 1930 house (knob & tube) I
always use flex or emt (interior work) & pull THHN/THWN stranded #12

Yeah it's work work but in a strange sort of way it's kinda fun &
satisfying plus I don't have a hobby or watch football or baseball or
basketball

Besides I really don't like NM & who knows I might want to change the
circuits some time in the future.

Back to the OP's question; it seems to me pretty hard to do better than
code if you're using NM. The only thing I would suggest is no 15 amp
cirucits, no 14 gage wire.

IMO 15 amp circuits suck, esp when changes downstream are needed.

cheers
Bob