Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Wiring

wrote in message
oups.com...
What type of wiring do I need to wire my house with? Should I use wire
that is better than what is called for in the code or should I just use
what is called for in the housing code?

Gosh I hope this is a troll.
But since it might not be...
The main reason to use better than required is if you know you will have
heavy loads on long wires. Then you will want to use heavier wire to reduce
voltage drop.
You might also anticipate needing more or heavier circuits in the future,
and rewiring is not practical. For instance, I just hooked up my 16a
generator to a transfer switch with 10/3. I could have used 12/2 but
somebody in the future might want to use a larger generator and neither the
labor nor the material really cost all that much more.