Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default ? Rack for Sheets

"Earl Creel" wrote in message
news:e%9Af.9104$NE.1876@dukeread12...

Okay for an old man. Found an additional source for salvage material. It
is a Co. that builds roof and floor trusses. They generate huge amounts
of 2 x 4 cut-offs. They have pointy ends and are not very long, after the
point is trimmed off, but long enough to make drawers and such. Some are
good enough that I can re-saw them down and get book matched material that
is over 5/8" thick. After a few passes through the old Kuster drum sander
I have good looking stock that is a strong 9/16" which is the thickness I
like to use for most drawer boxes. Projects like this keep me as busy as
I want to be.
Earl Creel

Great. Sounds like a nice find. Sounds like they might make good cabinet
door panels or small boxes also.