Gary Coffman

Default trailer battery connection

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:19:00 GMT, Gunner wrote:
Yep. Got to any autoparts store or RV dealer for a "battery isolator".
Its used to charge more than one battery from a common source, but
only allow the battery to be drained from its respective loads. And
put a proper fuse on the line going to the trailer G. I think they
are only around $20 or so.

BTW..I believe the isolator is nothing more than a diode bridge, but I
cannot think how the diodes are oriented at the moment. Im sure the
very good bunch of electron plumbers we have here will be able to give
you chapter and part number G

Ok, ASCII art schematic follows, switch to a fixed pitch font now.

diode 1

Alternator+ ----x

diode 2

Gary