Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Barnes

Default Goldtrowel

I have no experience of any of these courses, but a friend who is a
plasterer went to do a quote for somebody. This somebody had been on one
of these courses (not necessarily Goldtrowel), and said that during the
5 days they covered tacking, coving, screeding, and about 2 hours of
actual plastering, which left him feeling somewhat done. I don't know
who he did the course with, or if they are all the same, but certainly
from this one it doesn't sound as though you would have learned much
about plastering itself!

This is not the case with Goldtrowel, plenty of time is given to plastering.
I bought their DVD and a good Marshalltown trowel (£40) and can now plaster
to a near perfect finish.

Andrew