Posted to alt.home.repair
chris jung

Default Oh my aching back!

wrote in message
"chris jung" in
:

Any hints on how to sit / kneel / hold the tools to reduce the
strain?

Chris

might try sliding around laying stomach down on one of those ottoman
things or a strong box (like upside down recycling
bin)

Actually I got a brainstorm to do this very thing on Tuesday. I grabbed a
plastic storage bin, slid it in place and rested my torso on top. This
set-up worked surprisingly well. In fact I think my drilling & work was
straighter since I didn't have any tension in my back traveling up to my
shoulders & arms. The other thing is that my back was getting stretched out
gently and even felt better after I did the work. The bin was easy to slid
around and it was at a good height (I could hold the drill & tools in a
fairly natural way).

Thanks for all the advice and ideas.

Chris