Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jules

Default Iiyama 21" vision master monitor crackling noise

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:14:54 -0800, Mr. Land wrote:

You've watched the chassis with the cover off in a darkened room and
can't see any arcing? How about the board plugging into the tube? G2
arcing perhaps?

Nope. There are a few occasional mild-looking arcs from the yoke clamp
screw - apparently to the yoke body itself - when the monitor's turned
off. I'm not sure what to make of those - they're not in sync with any of
the louder cracking noises (and don't happen nearly as often) so are
presumably either a secondary effect of whatever the main fault is or just
natural discharging from shutting off (may always have been there for all
I know)

The monitor's a bit dusty inside, although I've seen far worse - I'll give
it a good blast with an air compressor later I think and blow the dirt out
just in case that is the problem (plus also check any grounding points etc.)

I can pick up a spare 19" screen tomorrow which at least means I can take
my time diagnosing the problem with this display

cheers

Jules