Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Default Twist and Bend?

ukalu wrote: This answers another question I had. A couple of days
after getting it
home, I noticed that some of the cherry I bought earlier this week was
slightly bowed. I wasn't sure what happened.

After reading this thread, it seems that you guys are saying that this
is going to happen, and it's just part of working with wood. Is that
correct?

Yep, it's part of it. Certain woods are well-behaved, others are not.
And it depends on a few other things, such as where from the tree the
wood was cut, changes in temp/humidity, storage methods, etc.. Tom