Flat Eric

Default Vacuum cleaner for DIY

"Eric the Red" wrote in message ...
I bought the WD1000 from Wickes, about £40. Looks very similar to the Earlex
which is available at other DIY stores for a couple of quid more.

Just bought one from Machine Mart for just under £40 - think Earlex
must make them for Wickes(?)

Put straight to task sucking up cement rubble - works excellently.
Have previously borrowed a Henry. The Earlex looks fantastic value
for money against the Henry. Sorry to all Henry fans/owners. Yes
they are great, but I now have an Earlex and quite a bit change out of
the price of a Henry.

Admitedly you dont get the fancy flex retraction and the flex and the
hose are shorter than Henry's, but as a workshop vac that's not a
problem.

Couple of points though. Seals not quite as good as Henry's though,
against cement/plaster dust. Need to be v careful fitting foam filter
- it is pretty fragile. Other than that excellent.

For 'heavy' jobs I notice they even do a 60mm wide bore hose kit,
which looks pretty useful at £11.99

Its not particularly fancy just a straight forward drum vacuum It has a good
long hose which you can attach to powertools to cut down on creating too
much mess in the first place. Then for cleaning up it has a good strong
vacuum and eats brick dust/light rumble.

In my opinion a good value at £40.

Eric.