Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul

Default Oval conduit metal box + Q's..

snip

*I* like the mecanical solution where a round pipe enters a round hole
and all sits neat n tidy and I know that is in direct contrast to many
sockets I have come across in the past where you have to rip half the
plaster / wall away around the box to pull the cables though (where
the trunking stops 2" short of the box and the gap filled with render
/ bonding / skim etc?). ;-(

It's also my thought that it might be easier to 'fill' a slightly
deeper chased slot filled with a round trunking *because* you have
more depth for any filler to attach to (someting wider and flatter
(and still plastic) being worse)?

I'm also doing 15 of such drops so I want it to be as predictable as
possible?

All the best ..

T i m

Round conduit into round hole on box. I personally found it easier to
feed two TE down the round than the oval.

Do you need to go down and up on each point? Could you chase
horizontally to link some of the sockets and reduce the amount of cable
required and also the joy of getting two pieces of cable down one piece
of conduit.

Paul