Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Davy H

Default Sony Home Cinema Amp STR KSL5 problem

I have a SONY a home Cinema system (STR KSL5) which after about 2 mins
shuts down with the word PROTECT in the display screen. I have checked
all the speaker outputs and they are fine, no shorts. I have removed
all the speakers and the same problem occurs. The fan works so doesn't
seem to be an overheating problem. This PROTECT fault occurs even when
the volume is turned right down therefore not driving the amp. Anyone
have any ideas what might cause this fault? and how to rectify it?

Thanks

Davy H