Andrew Gabriel

Default How to make one CH radiator come on and off at set times

In article ,
(Frank Watson) writes:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:14:22 +0100, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

what's wrong with just turning said radiator on/off by hand when you
need it? or is your bathroom so large that it takes a long time to warm
up? - if so getting a wall-mounted electric fan heater would be simpler

It's only a small bathroom - actually a shower-room. From experience,
I know that turning the rad on by hand when I enter the room to take a
shower, the room will not be comfortably warm by the time one has
finished one's shower. Fitting a larger-than-necessary radiator would
speed up the warming of the room. If all else fails, I might have to
resort to that idea. I'm not keen on the idea of an electric fan
heater ( I sense danger, breached safety regulations, and high running
cost) but thanks for the suggestion.

I really like having a fan-heater in the bathroom, and several people
who have visited me have liked it so much they've gone home and fitted
their own too. A properly fitted bathroom fan heater is not going to
be dangerous, and you only need it on whilst you are in the room (and
possibly only once you come out of the shower), so running cost is
going to be tiny. Mine is high up on the wall above a mirror, so you
can stand under it, effectively using it as a hairdrier, and a whole
body drier too.

--
Andrew Gabriel