Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Oval conduit metal box + Q's..

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:00:07 GMT, somebody
wrote:

In message , T i m
writes
Do 'people' use the grommets? (I asked him to get a box of them and
would use them myself anyway).

I am no sparky, so do check this for yourself. I was recently informed
that the grommets are a building regs issue.

I have no idea how true that is and I am a little surprised that the
usual posters on this group who have copies of the regs in front of them
haven't already replied to it.

Maybe it's a mute point?

Personally for the extra fractions of a penny, just put them in.

Hi and I agree .. 'hapenth of tar' etc ;-)

A thought that came out of the grommet end was the use of round
plastic trunking?

I believe that interfaces directly with the boxes but not sure how it
would handle 2 x 2.55mm T&E rather than singles?

At least there would be a common section between the trunking and the
box hole and would potentailly just need a narrower (but possibly a
touch deeper) slot in the wall?

All the best ..

T i m