Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default HF Question

I went to LPKF school - it was instructive - a little obtuse due to the
software being a little that way.

We used mostly 7 and 10 mil 2 flute endmill and some stronger drill like tools
that were used to cut out slots and holes.

The pcb was mounted atop a special type of Masonite like board - flat on both
sides and dust free - more or less. Use a vac of some type - the fine fiber
can be harmful.

The board under the one we were drilling is there to protect drilling through
into the metal bed.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

jw wrote:
Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

If you are in the Bay area - or a PCB area - go to a grinding shop.
You will find boxes of un-claimed drills and mills and other shaped cutters.

Unfortunately no. I live out in the sticks(relatively speaking).
There may be some companies around here that do this type of thing
though. I will have to do some calling and see what I can find out.

Sounds like these may be useful, but neccesarily everything I need.
Drilling PCBs is part of the goal, but still need a cutter for traces
and other modelling.

Do you have any documentation - ? Hope so - it helps.

Yes and no. I can't find a manual for my exact machine, but I have
found stuff for newer machines that is "close enough" to at least get
me somewhere. W/O that I probably would still be swearing at it.

FWIW - It is a CAMM3 PNC-3000 made by Roland. Mfg in the mid-80s.

Thanks

JW